Microsoft

Microsoft Intune Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Intune, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-) We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Microsoft Intune feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Microsoft Intune. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How can we improve Microsoft Intune

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Create RBAC for Volume Purchasing tokens.

It would be grat if we could "tag" a VPP token in order to use RBAC to restrict access to specific VPP tokens.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: sso facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Role-based Access Control (RBAC)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Enable "All Groups" functionality in RBAC scope

Primary objective is to provide a central team that are not Intune Service Administrator the ability to assign apps to ANY group in Azure AD without having to define each group.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Role-based Access Control (RBAC)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. RBAC Permissions should not cross polinate Scope.

When creating an Intune RBAC Role and using it to assign Scope, and a user is assigned to multiple roles, the scoped permissions cross pollinate.
    If RoleA with TagA is created, and RoleB with TagB is created and User1 is added to both Roles, then User1 may grab any Policy with Scope TagA and use the Scoped permissions from RoleB to edit the policy.
    We would would like to create a departmentally scoped read-write role as well as an organizationally scoped read-only role. This would allow departmental admins see what default policies are being applied to their devices and create…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Role-based Access Control (RBAC)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add new RBAC permissions for PowerShell scripts

Running PowerShell with Intune is very powerful feature and you need to have control who can create & run PowerShell scripts on clients. Microsoft should add new "PowerShell Configurations" permissions where you can define who can Assign/Create/Delete/Read/Update PowerShell scripts. Permissions to PowerShell scripts should be separate from permissions to other device configuration settings.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Different RBAC Roles based on device ownership

I would like a different set of permissions for our service desk based on the ownership of the device. For example i want the service desk to be able to clear device passcodes on corporate devices, However they should not be able to remove passcodes from Employee owned devices.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. RBAC intune

Hi All, I need an help with custom role creation. I want to provide access to specific users with access only on Managed devices within the scope. What permission do I need to provide in that role becuase it is not working for me as on now after selecting only Managed devices permission.
    Help will be appreciated.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. privacy RBAC role

We are looking for the capability within RBAC to develop a role that only has the capability to manage any privacy related settings in Intune.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Scope Tags for Managed Google Play Apps

It seems that Scope Tags cannot be applied to any Managed Google Play Apps the way they can be applied to other types of apps.

It would be helpful if we could use Scope Tags uniformly across all app types.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base