Microsoft

Microsoft Endpoint Manager Intune Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Endpoint Manager Intune, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-) We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Intune feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Intune. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Intune Reporting on W10 OS Update

Currently Intune cannot sufficiently report on what particular Windows 10 OS Update a device may be on. Are there plans to enhance the Intune Reporting engine to execute the reports which contain information about the W10 device OS Update revision?

117 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Microsoft Intune
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    6 comments  ·  Windows Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Support software deployments via package installers

Windows 10 supports package installers like apt-get in Linux. Find more aoubt thins in thins TechNet article http://blogs.technet.com/b/heyscriptingguy/archive/2014/08/23/weekend-scripter-powershell-and-chocolatey.aspx
    Please support software deployments via those packages in Intune.

Or at least support executing powershell scripts in Intune.

With this function it would be realy easy to deploy Software like Java, Adobe Reader, Notebat++ and so on without packageing own packages for each update and also without finding out how to perform silent installs for all of them.

85 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Windows Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to approve Surface Pro firmware updates

I was told by Microsoft Intune support team to request this feature in the Intune Feedback site because there is no way to approve New Surface Pro firmware updates. When an Intune agent is installed you cannot install the firmware updates because they do not see it. As soon as the agent in uninstalled the firmware update shows up in Windows Update

57 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Windows Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Active Notification/Prompt to Restart to Update

Have a configurable prompt indicating that a restart is required. Users shouldn't have to click on this passive icon and then have the option to restart now or restart later.

The option "Allow logged on user to control Windows restart after installation of scheduled updates and applications" When set to yes: "Prompts the logged on user to restart Windows when required"

Yet, I receive no prompts. Just a passive icon - not even a balloon. Additionally once I hover over it there's an indication that a restart is needed. I think it would be helpful having it prompt and request…

48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Windows 10 update installation status directly in Intune from Windows 10 MDM clients

Intune should display installed and missing software updates from Windows 10 MDM clients. Almost every customer wants to know if their Windows 10 devices have installed the necessary updates.

Microsoft has introduced Update Compliance feature to OMS, which does similar thing. However, it requires that customers set up a new OMS tenant (if they already don't have) and it is not fully integrated with Intune.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Windows Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add option to set CommercialID for Windows 10 Update Compliance

If you want to utilize OMS's Windows Update functionality on your Windows 10 MDM clients, you need to set CommercialID to them via MDM channel. CommericalID should be one of the builtin settings for Windows 10 clients so you don't need to use custom OMA-URI to set it.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Push cummulative updates before patch tuesday on command from Intune

Plese give us the ability to push certain updates/ KBs before they hit the update rings, from Intune.

Some cummulative updates fixes ongoing issues that our Intune clients are facing. Example for 1903/ 1909 is KB4522355 / x.449 which fixes a annoying bug that makes computers go to sleep after two minutes.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4522355
    "Addresses an issue that allows the system to go to Sleep (S3) after two minutes of inactivity even if you configure the sleep timer to never sleep."

It was released 24. october and still haven't been pushed. It's probably waiting for path tuesday, which will be 12.…

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Manage updates and have malware reporting by using Azure Ad instead of using the intune client

We need the same functionality as we get from the in tune client when setting the clients up to use Azure AD instead of installing the client. We need a way of managing updates and malware. It seems crazy that both have completely separate features and you can not use them both together. Our customers want the single sign on / logging into the PC with their 365 credentials and they want the malware / update reporting.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Manage Windows 10 Mobile Upgrade

As it stands, the new Windows 10 platform for mobile will be released in December and this will be pushed out by carrier. Most companies including the one I work for will want to be able to control when devices install the new OS.

Without this functionality some users phones will install the update causing questions such as 'why does your device look different to mine' why isn't this working. In addition to that, LOB apps will need to be tested on the platform prior to moving everyone over.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. windows 10 needs patches. Where are they in intune?

i cant see patch deployment for windows 10 patches in intune. The more we roll windows 10 the further behind we fall. We need intune to do windows 10 patches. I cant see the 1511 release either.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. ability to hide Microsoft Intune icon from taskbar unless an update/software is available

ability to hide Microsoft Intune icon from taskbar unless an update/software is available

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. MVP-3rd party updates

add option to import a custom software update catalog to allow 3rd party updates to be deployed to managed devices. integration with already existing CAB files from Dell, Adobe, PatchMyPc or internal developed catalog (via SCCM/SCUP) would be ideal

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow users to define Active hours when creating Windows 10 update rings

When creating Windows 10 Update rings in the Intune portal UI you also have to define the active hours which are then enforced at the client. So as result the users are not able to define the "real" maintenance hours reflecting their needs by themselves.
    So instead of having to create dozens of update rings respecting the needs of different maintenance windows (active hours) it should be possible to NOT enforce Active Hours in the Intune portal.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. WSUS like features similar to the legacy InTune portal

We would love to use the new InTune but can't because we would lose control over what specific updates are sent to our systems. The ability to control deployed updates on a granular level is critical to our business, without that, we will not be switching to the new InTune. If it was a feature in legacy InTune, why is it not in the new version? That's beyond me.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Intune on-demand software update check

Have the ability to trigger a software update check (scan and deploy) as an on-demand action from the device blade. Currently the option to sync settings or trigger various Windows Defender actions are available but not to trigger an update. This would be useful for an admin to force clients to check in to Windows/Microsoft update and enforce any updates outside of maintenance windows.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Adjusting Windows Updates Restart Delay Policies

After installation of Windows Updates Intune should allow the users to be prompted to restart now or restart later with an option to select how many hours extra to give (1 hour, 4 hours, etc.). Also if the user needs to keep delaying the restart the Intune admin can set a deadline on when they can no longer delay the restart (ex: one week). That way you are both informing them and giving them the option to delay if they cannot reboot for more than 28 hours which is the current maximum in Intune.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. EPP and Windows update when PC/Laptops enrolled as "mobile Device"

Hi,

I am would like to understand the functionality of the Intune while enrolling a Laptop as a mobile device or as a computer.

Initially my laptop was enrolled in Intune as a computer with end point protection enabled. later for testing purpose I have registered the laptop as mobile device.

what I have noticed was, when pc/laptop enrolled as computer, The Intune will manage the Windows update as well as EPP. but when PC//laptop register as a Mobile device. all the both windows update and EPP are removed from the laptop and I was able to see my laptop…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Annual Update Channel for Windows Update for Business

I'd like to be able to put my Windows 10 machines enrolled in Intune on an annual update channel that updates machines to the xx09 update that comes out in the fall. Since that update has a much longer support cycle, I'd like to be able to set my machines to automatically take advantage of that cycle and update only once a year within Windows Update for Business.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Let users choose their Windows 10 Update for Business Ring

Here's an idea: Let users pick their preferred update ring themselves. This way the user is in control of how soon the quality and feature updates are rolled out to their devices.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Remove Native Windows Phone's apps via MDM

One of the frustrations that business's find with Windows Phone's is the amount off applications which are piled on via third parties to their devices which they do not want. In such instances, support personel end up having to remove all of these applications manually as part of a manual process which significantly increases the time taken to provision the device.

The same goes for Whitelisting, because the application is still present on the device, albeit disabled it still pulls down updates so provisiong is significntly delayed whilst it pulls down 30 updates for applications, 10 of which a business…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base