Microsoft

Microsoft Intune Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Intune, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-) We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Microsoft Intune feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Microsoft Intune. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How can we improve Microsoft Intune

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Google Play Store Block - Disable redirect to Google Website

Hi If i block the store app, when a user goes to install a app from the company portal they are instead redirected to the google play website which they then have to sign in.

How can we set up intune so that if google play is blocked then it installs apps from the company portal with out going to the website.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Android-specfiic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Customize wording on "What Can My Company See" Enrollment Screen

Customise wording on "What Can My Company See" Enrollment Screen
    The statement,
    My Company May See:
    .Device location for lost corporate devices
    Is confusing to our users as our company may purchase BYOD for a users personal use. Users think that we can track these devices without their permission.

We'd like the ability to customize/clarify this line

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Enrollment (all platforms)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. The "Detected Computer Software" list should include the GUID of the app to make it easier to uninstall if necessary

The "Detected Computer Software" list should include the GUID of the installed program to make it easier to uninstall unwanted, unneeded, or unsecure apps.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Intune PC client  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Update for Business - Exclude certain KBs

Some KBs fails on a high percentage of Intune MDM devices, sometimes causing blue screens and problems. There is no way to exclude certain updates / KBs other than postponing them by setting longer defer period, or using the PowerShell module "PSWindowsUpdate" AFAIK. (I'm speaking Intune native options, which excludes SCCM, WSUS, CW Automate etc.)

Please enable us to exclude one or more updates through specifying KB numbers to skip, right from the Azure Portal \ Intune MDM \ Software updates.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Can't add any Apps

I've set up a new trial account.
    I've enrolled my device and it's appearing in the dashboard.
    When I click Apps - Add Apps I get problems.

One one machine (Windows 7 & IE, in work on a domain) I get a pop up saying "The operation failed. This error might be transient. Try re-opening the Microsoft Intune Software Publisher"

On another machine (Windows 8 & IE at home on my LAN) when I click the Add Apps button a new tab opens in IE very briefly but goes away immediately.

In Chrome (Windows 8) I get "This application requires…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Silverlight Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I don’t think you’re doing anything wrong and I am positive it’s not a measure of intelligence. :-) I’ve had issues on my machine, but usually it’s because I’m dealing with different builds and environments.

I was told to run this
    from an admin cmd prompt 
    rundll32 windir\system32\dfshim CleanOnlineAppCache 
    and it’s worked in the past for me.

If it doesn’t work for you, I’d suggest opening a support case. Did you know we don’t charge for Intune support? Really! Here’s the information:
    https://technet.microsoft.com/library/dn646963.aspx

6. Apple Configurator 2 MDM Server Url is too long

In the instructions from Article https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/intune/deploy-use/ios-setup-assistant-enrollment-in-microsoft-intune
    states to use the URL created in the Microsoft Intune Admin Console when we tried to use that url we received an error "unable to reach the server. When we used a google shortner, for the url apple was able to reach the server. The URL that is being generated in Intune for the Apple 2Connector is too long for apple to read.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. In Microsoft Intune,"block" or "block" access to corporate data,

In Microsoft Intune, I would like to be able to not only "block" or "not blocked" access to corporate data, but restrict access to certain programs.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Intune PC client  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Enable or disable GPS in IOS and Android

Enforce to enable GPS in corporate Devices, IOS and Android

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Fencing - geo, time speed, etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow mobile device that don't fully support ... reports may not conform

This label may be misleading. It may mean "Encryption is required, but this windows tablet doesn't support it, so it is allowed access via the 'Allow devices which can't support something' rule. But the what I see is a device where the ability to allow devices which don't support [etc] may not conform.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Windows-specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

HI, James,
    I’m not sure where in the UI you are. You should be able to attach a picture to the post and show me what label you’re talking about. If you could give the repro steps, starting from the very beginning of what you’re trying to do, that will give me the context I need.
    Thanks!
    Cathy

10. Ability to deploy bundle of application

It would be nice to be able to a bundle of application in one (user see only one app but 2 or more will be installed on the laptopo) or ability to force installation of a specific package if a user install a specific app.

Example : App X need a software Y to installed before. If a user go on company portal and click on "Install X" automatically Y will be install.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Apps (all platforms)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Import supported GPO directly into MDM policy

We are doing a project for supported policies going from GPO, to Intune MDM Policy. One of the things that would be immensely helpful is the ability to put create an XML document and import multiple settings in at once.

This would allow us to build entire polices offline and import them in when ready rather than doing one setting at a time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Create Links that point to Apps deployed via the company portal

When we deploy a new app via the company portal, we like to raise awareness amongst our users by sending an email informing them about this new app. It would be great if we could create links pointing directly to the company portal instead of the official App Store by Apple (which we have blocked on all devices).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Apps (all platforms)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. In Office365 you can't switch off "non-trusted TLS-connections not allowed". This is only possible in a paid Intune account.

In Office365 you can't switch off "non-trusted TLS-connections not allowed". This is only possible in a paid Intune account. Why would I pay for an Intunes account if the settings are part of O365. Either include the option in O365 MDM or remove the setting from the MDM profile.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Microsoft Intune Azure: Ability to deploy Windows 10 OS upgrades as a scheduled service feature

Currently, Windows 10 can be upgraded via the process in this article: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/intune/windows-update-for-business-configure

However this does not allow for scheduling of the upgrades for the OS to control when they occur, which is by current design.

With that in mind it is still being request that the product group for Microsoft look into adding this feature set to enhance the Update Rings to allow for scheduling and not just a maintenance window.

Thus giving further control over Windows 10 upgrades.

Thank you

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Windows-specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. autopilot assign device to users in bulk

It's very nine to be able to assign devices to Users in Autopilot. I would like assign devices to users in bulk (directly in the CSV autopilot import file och with Powershell.
    'Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Enrollment (all platforms)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Report how many devices have which technical protection configured

I d like to be able to easily say: how many devices are encrypted, how many have pin protection greater than 4 or such basic protection measures like rooting.
    It would be perfect to be able to drill down platforms and users / devices.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Intune Data Warehouse  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Apple DEP syncronization should not be random

When trying to use the Sync Now button in the Intune Admin console sync is never initiated or atleast the UI never shows that a sync has been completed.
    I've been trying to force a sync since yesterday (5/25/2016) (tried 4 tinmes) and 2 more times today, but the Last Sync status still shows 5/24/2016 9:09:58 AM

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  iOS-specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Include Expense Management out of the box, without having to use a third party service

Expense Management should be included right out of the box, without needing an additional paid subscription to a third party service. Intune's current offering for Expense Management is not a solution to this problem or request.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. supervise your current policy settings

It could be nice if there was a way to supervise your current policy settings. Let´s say there are many people in your organisation that has access to your intune portal and accidentally changed a policy setting. Then it could be very usefull if there was a way to see if a policy setting was changed compared to the correctly applicable policy settings for the compagny.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  App protection policies (APP/MAM)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Intune activated Android phones with MAM policies unable to modify Notification sounds

When MAM policies are enabled restricting data transfer to other apps, users are unable to change their notification sounds in Outlook for Android.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  App protection policies (APP/MAM)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base