Microsoft

Microsoft Intune Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Intune, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-) We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Microsoft Intune feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Microsoft Intune. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How can we improve Microsoft Intune

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Device IMEI in Outlook/Exchange Connection

We use Intune to manage the byod in our Company. Our users must use the outlook app for mails, because the app Support the Intune mam policies.
    its not possible to match the outlook Profile in the Exchange to the Intune enrolled devices.

For this it could helpful, if we get the deviceimei number in the "outlook for ios and Android" request. other mail apps send the device imei.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Conditional Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Is there a way that I can get Microsoft Intune to stop automatic downloads?

I won't shut down my laptop, just sleep it for a while, usually by closing the lid. I'll leave tabs open, naturally, because I plan to go back on within the hour. The problem is, almost every time I open my laptop, I have to log in and my tabs are gone. Lo and behold, a window in the bottom right hand corner will tell me Microsoft Intune restarted my device. I am seriously tired of these useless updates, especially because Intune restarts my device practically twice a day. (How many updates do I need? Seriously!) Anyway, unless I'm sitting…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Company Portal (all platforms)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, Ellie,
    I’m sorry you’re frustrated. As a user of a school-issued computer, there’s nothing you can do. Your administrator has decided that you need Intune to keep your computer updated. Your administrator has some control over which updates go out and when, but it’s important for administrators to reduce risk to the school network by keeping all computers as well-patched as possible. If not, well, think about some of the unsafe computing behavior your classmates may be doing, and imagine that infecting all the rest of the computers – yours, your instructors, your IT staff.

Believe me, I know how frustrating this is. When I introduce myself to other people at Microsoft, I usually say something like “You know that product that gives you those annoying messages and reboots your computer at the worst possible time? Yeah, that’s my product.” But in the end, it’s a “safety first” thing.

3. allow windows update to mobile devices over 4G network

is there a way organisations can manage the rollout of windows update and App Updates via the 4G network to the lumia mobile devices. enforced and managed via a Intune group policy.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Percentage during installation App to Entreprise Portal

When you install App from Entreprise Portal, we have no information during progress, i think it's a important information for eventually debug.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Apps (all platforms)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You didn’t mention which platform – it’s a little bit different for each because the operating systems have different ways of approaching how an external app installs other apps. The Windows Phone company portal had real-time status, then it went away for a while in the Store version of the portal, but came back.

5. Corporate vs Personal Device Tagging - automatic

Have a configurable default for a device to be registered as Corporate (without having to do IMEI upload / DEP / etc). As it seems, to get all the inventory I want/need, I'll need to tag every device as corporate owned, regardless if the user brought it in as a BYOD.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Turn Off wifi if the device is non-compliant

When a device is non-compliant per Intune policy, their should be an option to disable wifi and it should turn back on only if it is made compliant

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Certs, Email , VPN, Wi-Fi  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Adding Apps: External link & Managed iOS App

Give an example of what the URL is supposed to look like. If you check the option to add a link in Config Manager you will see that it gives an example of what the URL should look like. Consistency between the two consoles would be good.
    eg. Microsoft Word: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/microsoft-word/id586447913?mt=8 and not https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/microsoft-word/id586447913

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Apps (all platforms)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I cannot fix the errors in my profile like mobile phone number

I cannot fix the errors in my profile like mobile phone number

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  User Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. It would be great if all OS's behave in the same manner with app delivery \ installations.

It would be great if all OS's behave in the same manner - ie; web apps on all devices will install as a icon on the home \ app screen. From a customer \ support \ documentation point of view - it will be confusing for users to have one experience on a Android & a completely different experience to access the same app via iOS \ WP.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. OMAURI Get commands for reporting against MDM Windows device family

I want to be able to use Intune's OMAURI command structure leveraging Reporting.

Specifically you should be able to use Intune URIs to report against a device's configurations without making any changes.

I think Intune should have all CSP mapping per device type loaded into the system for admins to use.. because all URIs for different devices are infact different.

An example, if I want to query this:

DeviceStatus/TPM

This was added in Windows, version 1607.

'DeviceStatus' is is the Node for the TPM query.

The Supported operation is Get.

If I read this right, the use of GET would…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Windows-specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. change device owner without reset/re-enroll

once you have enrolled a device with autopilot for a user and then want to hand out that device to a new user you need to reset or re-enroll it apparently or the new user will not be the device owner (although i don't see any other issues for the new user)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Polices and Profile Settings Workbook

Please publish a polices and profile settings workbook. This would be instrumental in helping customers understand and design their new Intune environments.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. bulk enrollment capability for AAD registered Intune

bulk enrollment capability for AAD registered Intune, for companies that are not AAD federated/AAD joined, have multi AD forest. we need a script bulk enrollment to intune.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Enrollment (all platforms)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Per App VPN appliance

Looking for Microsoft to develop a native VPN client for MDM managed devices. Ideally we'd like this in the form of Windows server or Linux appliance. This capability would allow us the ability to spin up infrastructure to support per app VPN capabilities

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Certs, Email , VPN, Wi-Fi  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Email Profile Management - macOS

Could you please add a setting to Intune to block email synchronization and redirect users to use Outlook app on macOS?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  MacOS-specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Deploy intune Enterprise on device with their IMEI saved in O365

When user connect to O365 to synce email, MS save IMEI of the smartphone....O365 is also able to wipe device....so does O365 can push intune portail on device registered.....
    I don't speak of "conditional access"....
    I want an automated installation of Intune portal on my devices.
    Thank you

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Treat separately products for iOS MAM Policies

When in Intune you setup OneDrive as Managed app but you don't define any additional office application, users on iOS devices can still install word or another office app from the Appstore and share data from Word to other apps, regardless of the MAM policy that was setup for Onedrive.

In Onedrive iOS App, when you access a Word file you have an icon at the top that allows to open the file in Word.
    If you do so, all the MAM policies that were applied to Onedrive content are not considered.
    It would be great if there was a…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  App protection policies (APP/MAM)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. doc that some features work only if you have Windows Enterprise edition

In documentation for Intune for device restriction policy, app store restriction, there is no information that some of the features apply only if you have Windows Enterprise edition. So you create a policy and it wont give you any information, just don't work as you expect to according to documentation.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Include a recall function for remote wipe commands that have not taken affect.

Microsoft's recommended best practice for a remote wipe is a Selective Wipe to remove company data. Should some unwitting Admin send a Full Wipe command that has not been received by the device (whether its still powered down or is not connected to a network), it would be nice to have the ability to recall that command.

This would be helpful should the device be recovered (preventing the necessity to delete the device from intune and re-enroll) or if you would like to cancel the Full Wipe command and then send a Selective Wipe instead.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Phone owner should be in control

For BYOD scenario, Intune should be designed so the owner of the phone is in total control of what capability they want to authorize. Only if there’s agreement between them and the IT department would any data be exchanged (both way). Similarly if either party decide to make a change, if the agreement is broken, then all data échange is stopped (and possibly existing data could be removed, as long as it complied with original agreement).

Device owner should also have the ability to audit what was done with their device.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base