Microsoft

Microsoft Intune Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Intune, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-) We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Microsoft Intune feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Microsoft Intune. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How can we improve Microsoft Intune

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Updates Auto approval rules notifications

1. To be able to set a template message notification to each auto approval rule.

2. Set the notification to be sent to the users of computers that needs these updates. Also would be nice to be able to CC an IT technician email address (IT support)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Intune PC client  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Battery management integrate with Intune

Need to understand if battery management is on the Microsoft road map or if they can integrate with Zebra's BI console

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Android-specfiic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. To have a unenrollment WIP or MAM policy for MACOS

I would like a MAM or Windows 10 without enrollment type policy for the MACOS.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  MacOS-specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. allow two seperate on prem exchange organizations and active directories to the same intune account

I have two active directory domains and two on prem exchange orgs. Both my companies are on my same EA agreement. There is a two way transitive trust between the two domains and they both sync to my one azure ad. I need to manage them both through intune. This is stopping the roll out of 550 global devices on windows 10 mobile to replace blackberry and 150 BYOD devices on Good.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Android Enterprise Kiosk mode needs Home and Overview buttons enabled

For a multi-app kiosk mode the end-user only gets presented with the Android "Back" button.
    This causes issues when the app/webpage is trying to post server-side information as it will try to re-post when the user goes back.
    It is also an issue if the kiosk is intended to quickly switch between apps without losing their place (e.g. between a task-app and a knowledge-base app).
    Please make it configurable so we can allow the Home and Overview/Recents button at our discretion

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Android-specfiic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. App protection policies support for the apps that connect to on-premises Exchange or SharePoint services

App protection policies supported for apps that connect to on-premises Exchange or SharePoint services

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Apps (all platforms)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. ability to set and load a home page

Hi There,

My Org is currentling POC'ing Intune MAM. We'd like to see the followign features ported from Intune Managed Browser (IMB) to Edge when using Edge as a managed browser

1) The Ability to set & load a home page - Managing the end user expoerience is critically important. Currently we can set a home page shortcur, which appears allong with other shortcuts. The additional shortcuts listed are not really "work frienddly" (E.G. netflix, facebook, amazon,etc...) and we (as the managing entity) should be able to remove

--------------------------
    admin note: Having 2 requests in one item is difficult for…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Managed Browser  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Have a {{wifimac}} to have the mac adresse wifi of ipad on the lock screen

Have a {{wifimac}} to have the mac adresse wifi of ipad on the lock screen

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  iOS-specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. For enterprise, allow removal of contacts synced to native address bok

In MAM-WE scenario, we need to protect enterprise contacts that are stored in Exchage, in the event an employee removes Outlook from their phone or is disengaged from the company. The current design of how contact sync is stored to the native address book and then syncing to iCloud is not viable to protect enterprise contacts. We have seen other vendors implement a working solution which includes creating an iCloud contacts group that is managed by MAM and is removed from local contacts and therefore iCloud when the Outlook app is removed employment is disengaged.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  App protection policies (APP/MAM)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Import and export group settings

I'd like to have the possibility to export and import the group settings. Please add a button for this!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Intune for Education  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Antimalware/Antivirus check for complaincy/Conditional Access

Would be good if there was an ability in Intune Conditional Access to check if a Virusscanner is installed and up-to-date. Also support 3rd party vendors. Mac/Windows specifically (as Android/iOS) have this ability.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Conditional Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. By-default intune should be auto-updated when update is available in playstore

By-default intune should be auto-updated when update is available in playstore

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Apps (all platforms)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Intune Android 4 Work Application Configuration Policy

In Intune there is a section App Configuration Policy. I have tested it with Google Chrome Browser, Edge Browser. Configuration Fields that are visible inside are sometimes working sometimes not working. Example I have created bookmarks - they appeared but then I tested URL blocking - this policy didn't work and plus bookmarks disappeared. As an answer fomr support these fileds are not supported for third party applicaiton. Can you then test at least something and publish just things that were tested and not something that is not working on a official Azure environment.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Android-specfiic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. NAV Timeout for inactive users

If a user is inactive for a certain time it would be nice to set this user offline that the licence is available again.
    The background is, that sometimes a customer has a problem with his licences, when a user forgets to sign off. In this case the licence is still active but it isn't used.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Company Portal (all platforms)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Detect and block Developer Mode

If it is possible somehow, please make possible to detect or even block developer mode for devices. We need to secure files stored on mobile devices and with developer mode are accessible freely.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Conditional Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Support Payloads for configuring Email, VPN, WIFI with Radius etc.

Configuring email, etc with payloads would make it easier for users to fill in the remaining information.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Certs, Email , VPN, Wi-Fi  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Prevent group creation in outlook app

Hi team,

Please prevent the creation of Groups in the Outlook mobile app using a Intune policy.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Apps (all platforms)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add Admin Password for Phone Factory Reset.

It would be handy that if factory reset of Corporate Device is allowed, users are challenged for a Admin password before being allowed to reset the phone.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. View where a device is getting settings/app assignments

It would be beneficial for us if there was a section in which we could see where a device is getting a setting or an app assignment from.

Currently, if there is a mystery app or restriction on a device and you do not know where it is set, you have to work backwards (checking assigned user groups or device groups etc) to discover where the app is assigned from.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Include a Wizard to set up organization

The set up, configuration and deployment process has many factors and decision points a wizard could help avoid timely mistakes. For instance, it took me nearly three weeks to learn the process from beginning to end. And still am unable to complete enrollment of Android and IOS devices. But I am getting closer.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Silverlight Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base